Saturday, May 2, 2009

NYCRUN gets the shot


This was easy. She towered over the crowd in the distance allowing me to position myself in a fairly good spot for the shot, but as things would have it the choice spot was soon overrun by wide-eyed tourists . The field of view was obscured so I had shoot on the run. I walked with her while the view cleared for just a couple of seconds.  I took  four shots. 

 This type of photography is entertaining and sometimes challenging. Many times I have to isolate the subject in a very big crowd  allowing only a split second to get the shot before someone steps in front of the lens. 

On a different topic.

Long ago I came to the conclusion that one can always be stylish while donning a turtleneck. This piece goes well with everything. I have personally wore it with jeans, army pants and shorts,  as well as under shirts, short sleeve shirts and under jackets, nylon and leather.........  it just seems to always jazz-up whatever you have on and give a certain polish to your look. Black is best: white sometimes , and other colors must be scrutinized judiciously. 

No comments: