Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Fabulous Sixties are back

As much as I try to focus on the task at hand I seem to lose my concentration when I hear the scream of a supercharger. I don't think it kicked in on this brief stretch  of 57th street, but surely I could hear the jets opening up.  This was no ordinary Mustang.  This was a fully tricked-out "Stang" with all of the goodies the man behind the wheel dreamed about.  

Unless you are a car nut, you may not pick up on the vibe here, but it screams at you like the roar of the jets that suck the gas that feed the horses.  It was truly an emotional time for me.  I have owned a 1969 Mustang Fastback. Albeit a few years older, my Mach 1, 351 cu was just as impressive in its day as this 2009. In fact, my car was so great that Ford decided to bring it back. So here it is, enjoy, you may drive one someday.  Till next time......

No comments: